When you decided to invest in some real nice high end rollerskates, it might be worth to spend an extra 85,- euro on the Riedell color lab. That enables you to design your own unique rollerskate!
If you are interested in this, here's some important info to consider before you order:
- the Riedell color lab app lets you design a 172 boot but the color lab is actually available for the rhythm boots nr. 172, 220, 297 and 336.
- at Ginger Skates we have a sample of colors you can choose from (more then you see in the color lab app), feel free to visit us to have a look, and even feel the texture of the samples.
- please know that the colors will look more colorfull once they cover a big piece of the boot, good to take this into account when choosing your colors (personal experience ;-)
- the different materials/colors that you can choose from vary in thickness. The thicker the leather, the more sturdy your boot will become and this may mean some extra breaking in time. For some parts of the boots, like the sides, it is not always recomended to choose the soft suède leather because it will give you less ankle support. Of course for some people this is a good thing, so feel free if this is what you want. However, the 297 boot for example is already a sturdy boot and it will still be sturdy even when you choose suède because this boot is built from multiple layers of high quality leather. The 172 is already a softer boot, so if you use suède, it might become a bit softer in total after breaking in.
- every color lab boot is 100% handmade in the USA. This means that your boot may be slightly different sized then the boot you tried on at Ginger Skates. So unfortunately we cannot guarantee you will get the exact same fit as a regular black boot. The differences will be minimal, but it is good to know this in advance.
- production time will take 5 to 7 weeks but sometimes even longer, depending on how many skates are in production at Riedell color lab.
- because your boot is handmade especially for you, it cannot be returned.
- payment is in advance, but we do offer the option of paying 50% up front and 50% after receiving your boots. Let us know if you want this.
Enjoy your process, and we are happy to think with you, even when your friends or family no longer want to talk to you about it anymore ;-)
WARNING: going for a custom color boot may cause several sleepless nights and endless hours of combining colors before you are ready to choose, and some extremely nervous moments when they've finale arrived ;-) But it is all worth it!!!
Below you will find some pictures of custom boots, the last four custom boots havent been ordered through our shop but through our counterpart Chris Nelson in the USA, posted here as an example of what the color lab can do for you...